Updated: May 19
1. Break your fast with a bowl of fresh salad or a bowl of soup first to trigger digestive enzymes and to avoid overeating of refined carbs from rice, roti.
2. Avoid frying and use other cooking methods like grilling, roasting, stewing, steaming.
3. Avoid desserts instead go with fresh fruits, yogurt, dried fruits.
4. Include complex carbs for sustained energy like brown rice, millets, veggies, lentils, beans.
5. Avoid fizzy drinks, tea, coffee, juices. Instead go with coconut water, lemon drink, green tea.
Salad recipe to include in Iftar- serves 4
4. Lemon-juice of one and half lemon
5. Rock salt- as per taste
6. Seeds – 1 tbsp
7. Mint- handful chopped
8. Pineapple- 30gms